Mon, 30 Oct|
Museum of Fire
2023 Art Competition Entries Open
Do you have a budding artist at home? The Museum of Fire is excited to be hosting this very special art competition for all primary-school aged children!
Time & Location
30 Oct 2023, 9:30 am – 27 Nov 2023, 5:00 pm
Museum of Fire, 1 Museum Dr, Penrith NSW 2750, Australia
About the event
Click here for the application form: Museum of Fire 2023 Art Competition Entry Form
We are hosting our children's art competition again this year with entries opening on 30th October. Shortlisted entries will be chosen to be exhibited in our Museum with prizes up for grabs!
With this year’s theme we focus on the rescue efforts that our emergency services undertake in times of emergency. Australia has continued to experience many unexpected natural disasters throughout 2022 and it was at these times that we saw the efforts of Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW) and NSW State Emergency Service (SES) in protecting the community to aid with reducing the impact of natural disasters and the important recovery and re-building activities they undertook to support communities.
Using this theme illustrate, using an artistic medium of your choice, images that inspire or represent ‘rescue’ within your community.
Who Can Enter? Entry into this competition is FREE and open to all Australian primary school aged residents!
Competition Entry Dates: Entries open 30th October 2023 and close 27th November 2023
To view past art competitions visit the Museum of Fire Art Competition page.
Please refer to the terms & conditions before entering your artwork.
- Entries can utilise any medium, but the artwork must be able to be hung, be no larger than A1 size and not protrude more than 5cm from the wall.
- This competition is open to any primary-school aged student.
- Only entrants who complete the entry form and have a permission form signed by a parent or guardian will be eligible for entry.
- All entries must be submitted to the Museum by close of business on 27th November 2023. No submissions will be accepted after this time. Shortlisted entrants will be advised by mid-December 2023. Winners will be announced in mid-January 2024.
- Any costs incurred in the submission of an artwork (e.g. postage) is the responsibility of the individual parent/guardian of the child making the submission. In the event that an artwork submitted to the competition does not qualify as a shortlisted artwork, the effort will be made to arrange for the return of the artwork back to the entrant, however, should postage be necessary the costs incurred will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian of the child submitting the artwork. Any artwork that is not collected within 30 days of being informed it is to be returned, or if no arrangement for return of the artwork via postage has been organised with the parent/guardian of the entrant, then the artwork will be disposed of. This is a strict policy so please understand this is a condition of entry to the competition.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to the Museum acquiring it into the Museum’s permanent collection should the Museum decide to do so as it abides by the Museum’s Collections Policy.
- Only one submission per entrant will be accepted.
- The people’s choice award will be determined by visitors to the Museum who will be asked to vote on their favourite artwork displayed. This competition will run throughout the Summer. There will also be a digital poll held for two weeks during January when the artworks will be displayed digitally.
- All shortlisted artworks are to remain with the Museum until the conclusion of the 2023 Art exhibition. Shortlisted artworks cannot be removed from display prior to the exhibition conclusion. In addition, those works selected for the Museum’s collection (i.e. 1st place, 2nd place, CEO’s Choice, Curator’s Choice and People’s Choice) will remain with the Museum after the exhibition to be a part of the permanent collection.
Terms & Conditions are subject to change at the discretion of the host organisation. Please contact the Museum for any additional information.